Monday, August 3, 2009

Some poetry: Shadow

Stood there in the center of the door, with a light cast from behind, giving off a long silhouette of empty space. The shadow that recalled the memories of the past. Entered and found a fire place. Stared at the beauty that laid before, vividly detailed. Darkness that veils every passing of the hour, when sun sinks in the west, sends shivers down the spine. All those faces in the dark, whisper unsound and cryptic riddles. Body trembles, struggles to find day light, gasping for air.

It is here, in this room, a secluded place in my mind that I have battled the carnal nature of man, weathered the incessant storm of unholy torture. Of which was brought by self, an erring spirit searching for the Truth. I made my own fears. Only to find that it is folly. It is ignorance that made me suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers